This Carrot cake with Cream Cheese frosting recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we think this is a great recipe to use in for any occasion.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can you could also change slightly and use our Orange Zest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cake and our delicious Cinnamon Swirl for making the buttercream.
If you would like to check out our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Laura made this cake on a Facebook Live which you can watch here using Cream cheese,
You can also catch up on Carol’s Facebook Live here.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cake on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but it will last for 3 days.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4 and grease or line two 8 inch cake tins
2. Mix the oil, sugar and eggs and whisk until combined. Fold in the grated carrots, flour, baking powder and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
3. Divide the mix between the two tins and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and it has risen well. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
4. To make the cream cheese frosting add the icing sugar and cream cheese together in a clean bowl and whisk together until fully blended.
5. When the cake is cooled, put one of the cakes onto a serving plate and slice off the dome part. Place to one side.
6. Spread about half of the cream cheese over the top of the cake and then place the second cake on top or you can pipe blobs around the edge of the cake and fill the centre.
7. Add the top layer, spread an even layer of cream cheese over the top of the cake or again you could pipe blobs . Add walnuts to decorate and then sieve some of the remaining icing sugar on top. Or to cover the entire cake, use the larger amount of cream cheese frosting and spread a good layer on top of the bottom layer. Add the top layer then spread over the top and up the sides with a palette knife.
8. Decorate with chopped nuts, walnuts or grated carrot.