This Carrot cake with Cream Cheese frosting recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we think this is a great recipe to use in any occasion.
You can also bake this recipe with your kids!In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy cake in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cake and our delicious Cinnamon Swirl for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Carol McFarland is the owner of our amazing Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars, and she does demonstrations on how to use them every Monday on our Facebook Page.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make this delicious Carrot Cake.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cake on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to a week.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4 and grease or line two 8 inch cake tins
2. Mix the oil, sugar and eggs and whisk until combined. Fold in the grated carrots, flour, baking powder and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
3. Divide the mix between the two tins and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and it has risen well. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
4. To make the cream cheese frosting add the butter and the Sugar and Crumbs Cream Cheese Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar together in a clean bowl and whisk together until fully blended.
5. When the cake is cooled, put one of the cakes onto a serving plate and slice off the dome part. Place to one side.
6. Spread about half of the cream cheese over the top of the cake and then place the second cake on top. Spread an even layer of cream cheese over the top using a palette knife and decorate with the walnuts if using and a dusting of icing sugar.
7. Add the top layer then pipe blobs again add walnuts to decorate and then sieve some of the remaining icing sugar on top. Or to cover the entire cake, use the larger amount of cream cheese frosting and spread a good layer on top of the bottom layer. Add the top layer then spread over the top and up the sides with a palette knife.
8. Decorate with chopped nuts, walnuts or grated carrot.