This Vegan Vanilla cupcakes recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we have decided to add that extra fudge flavour using our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes don’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C, 170 C fan, Gas mark 4-5.
2. In a clean mixing bowl add the Sugar and Crumbs Velvet Vanilla Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and oil and beat together for 2 minutes until combined. Mix the yoghurt and vinegar in a separate bowl then add this to the sugar and oil mixture, beat together for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda plus the salt to the mixture and beat until combined.
4. Place the baking cases in the cupcake baking tins and then fill each case 2/3 full. Sprinkle with a few oats before baking for 20 minutes or until they spring back when touched.
5. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling tray. Once cooled enjoy!