We would like to thank Nicky Shevlin from My DesignA Cake who gave us this recipe
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Allergens : Eggless
- Combine the gelatine powder with cold water and let stand till thickened.
- Place gelatine mixture into microwave and heat till liquid (approx 30 secs)
- Heat glucose and glycerine approx 1 min, mix well with melted gelatine. Stir in Trex (and just before completely melted), (if adding stir in vanilla extract). Mixture should cool until lukewarm.
- Place 3/4 of the Icing Sugar of your choice in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and using a dough hook, on low (speed 1) stir in the lukewarm gelatine mixture. Mix in sugar and add more a little at a time, until stickiness disappears.
- Knead in remaining sugar and gum trag (depending on stretch you like). Knead until the sugar paste is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands.
- If sugar paste is too soft, add more sugar; if too stiff, add water (a drop at a time). Use fondant immediately or store in airtight container in fridge.
- When ready to use, bring to room temperature and knead again until soft.
Store in trex coated clingfilm and in a ziplock bag. Can be frozen if needed.