These homemade strawberry granola bars are great fun and really easy to make, full of flavour.
Perfect for a quick recharge, whether for breakfast or at any other time of the day.
What are Strawberry Granola Bars ?
In fact, these bars consist of granola mixed with honey or other sweetened syrup, pressed and baked into a bar shape, resulting in the production of a more convenient snack.
In this version, they’re made with Sugar and Crumbs Strawberry Milkshake Icing Sugar (but you can use any flavour of your choice), dried cranberries and blueberries, and pistachios. However, you can customimze them adding different fruits, nuts or chocolate chips.
Once they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Strawberry Granola Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C, 170° C fan, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Measure out the butter, honey, Sugar and Crumbs Strawberry Milkshake Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and brown sugar. Microwave together, in thirty second bursts, until melted and smoothly combined.
3. Weigh out the porridge oats, dried fruit and pistachios and stir through the melted butter mixture with a very small pinch of salt.
4. Grease a square brownie tin and line with baking parchment. Pour in the mixture and spread out evenly into the corners, pressing down with the back of the spoon so it’s all roughly level. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Then, allow to cool in the tin before lifting out and cutting into squares or bars. For ease you might want to wrap each one in baking parchment or tinfoil so you can just grab and go.