Karen Naylor's Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars made on Sugar and Crumbs Facebook Live 26th July 2018.
Karen will be making a Pineapple version but you can use any of the Sugar and crumbs Icing sugars.
- Prep Time : 45 minutes
- Cook Time : 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C Gas Mark 5. Line an 8” x 8” tin with tinfoil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, from the base ingredients, add the butter, flour, icing sugar and salt if using. Using 2 forks or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until a sandy mixture forms, with pea-sized buttery bits.
- Reserve 1/3 of this mix for the topping. Transfer the rest of the mixture into the tin, and press down lightly using the back of a spatula to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl, from the filling ingredients, add the egg, icing sugar, sour cream/yogurt and flour, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove crust from oven and top evenly with the pineapple. Pour over the filling, ensuring it goes into the corners. Sprinkle over the reserved base mix evenly over the top, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and just coming away from the sides.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for at least one hour before slicing and serving.