Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars fill the kitchen with a wonderful buttery freshly-baked smell.
They are also so simple and easy to make and you can add any flavour with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
In need of a tropical pineapple dessert? Look no further than these pineapple bars! There’s an abundance of pineapple chunks in every bite, which are surrounded by a custardy, creamy filling!
Karen Naylor is one of our amazing cake artists who joined us into the Sugar and Crumbs Kitchen for a Facebook Live.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make these delicious Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this recipe using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, 350 F, Gas Mark 5. Line an 8” x 8” tin with tinfoil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, from the base ingredients, add the butter, flour, icing sugar and salt if using. Using 2 forks or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until a sandy mixture forms with pea-sized buttery bits.
3. Reserve 1/3 of this mix for the topping. Transfer the rest of the mixture into the tin, and press down lightly using the back of a spatula to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. In the same bowl, from the filling ingredients, add the egg, icing sugar, sour cream/yogurt and flour, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
5. Then, remove crust from the oven and top evenly with the pineapple. Pour over the filling ensuring it goes into the corners. Sprinkle over the reserved base mix evenly over the top, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and just coming away from the sides.
7. Place pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for at least one hour before slicing and serving.