These rich and decadent snowy chocolate crackle cookies are just like a brownie in the shape of a cookie.
In addition, we have made them using our natural flavoured Cocoa Powders.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders, you can bake these easy chocolate cookies in any flavour. Try to make it using Chocolate Chilli Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you will impress your dinner party guests with gorgeous and handmade Snowy Chocolate Crackle Cookies.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, they don’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cookies on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 3 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Snowy Chocolate Crackle Cookies
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in 30 second bursts in the microwave, set aside to cool.
4. Beat the butter and sugar together.
5. Then, add in the eggs, then the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the chocolate.
6. Pour in the milk to help bring it together to form a dough consistency.
7. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
8. Put the icing sugar into a bowl, scoop out enough dough to create a ball the size you want your cookie to be and then roll in the icing sugar before placing them on the baking tray. Make sure they are well spaced.
9. Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins until they feel firm when touched. They should rise and crack. Allow them cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
10. Leave to cool completely then store in an airtight container for up to one week.