If you’ve never made your self saucing pudding before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Self Saucing Chocolate Orange Pudding is.
It is certainly an indulgent dessert for chocolate lovers. Delicious served hot with ice cream or cream.
What is Self Saucing Pudding?
In fact, it’s a baked dessert that has a gooey center, hence the name self-saucing. Also known as a molten lava pudding.
In the recipe, the chocolate sauce gets poured on the top, but miraculously ends up on the bottom. As a result, the key is self-raising flour. Therefore in the baking process, the flour rises to the top and the heavier sauce falls to the bottom.
You can store them up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Please note that the sauce or lava texture in the center will reduce if you reheat.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders! in our range, giving them a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
50g (1 3/4 oz) Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder (or any flavour of your choice)
140g (5oz) Caster Sugar
100g (3 1/2 oz) Unsalted Butter
250g (8 1/2 oz) Self-Raising Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Medium Eggs
150ml Semi-skimmed or whole milk
Pinch of Salt
200g (7 oz) Light Muscavado Sugar
25g (3/4 oz) Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 325 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Boil the kettle. Meanwhile butter a baking dish approx 8 inches in diameter if using a round dish and 28 x 20 cm if using a rectangular dish.
Alternatively, you can use smaller individual bowls as I have done and I have reduced the cooking time by 6 minutes approximately.
3. Put the cocoa powder, caster sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a clean mixing bowl.
4. Whisk the eggs in another bowl.
5. Then melt the butter add this and whisk in.
6. Add the milk stirring in and then add this to the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth.
7. Pour into your baking dish or dishes.
8. Mix 300ml of boiling water with the light muscovado sugar and 25g of Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder (or any flavour of your choice) with a whisk. Pour this over the top of your batter mix.
9. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on the middle shelf until risen and looks like it has developed a crispy top.
10. Serve immediately from the oven with ice cream or single cream.
You can also add a sprinkle of our Sugar and Crumbs Orange Zest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice).