Red velvet ice cream sandwiches are what dreams are made of- smooth and rich vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two chewy and moist red velvet cookies.
You’ll want to make extra to store in the freezer so you can eat them forever.
In addition, one of the advantages of this dessert is that you can prepare it in advance, eliminating some stress on the day of your party!
The combination of Velvet Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Cherry cookies is great to make the ultimate Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches.
During our Facebook Live, Carol McFarland demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders to make this delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this recipe using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1.. Pre-heat the oven to 180C Fan / Gas Mark 4 / 350 F Conventional oven.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a standing mixing bowl on high until thick and creamy. Place into a freezable container and spread out.
Place in the freezer for 8 hours.
For the Sandwiches:
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream Butter and Caster Sugar together until light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
3. Add the egg, mix in until combined.
4. Then, add red food colouring to the bowl and then slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix on low.
5. Turn the dough out onto clingfilm, press into a disk, wrap well, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll dough out to 1/8inch thick on a well floured surface.
6. Cut circles out of the dough and transfer to 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Re-roll any dough scraps to cut more cookies.
7. Poke holes in the cookies with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes for soft cookies, 8-10 for crunchier cookies (the crunchier cookies hold up better to all the handling/smooshing/filling).
9. Let cool before sandwiching cookies with Ice Cream.
10. Place into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to refreeze the Ice Cream.