Our Raspberry Jam Tarts with Cherry Bakewell Drizzle Recipe, is quick and simple to make.
Why not create these delicious tarts ahead of time. They look and taste amazing with our Cherry Bakewell Drizzle. A great recipe to make with the kids.
Tarts are a baked dish, that consists of a filling over a pastry base, that is typically a shortcrust pastry. The filling can be sweet or savoury, the choice is yours. Above all, these are dainty, cheeky sweet treats. We have used Sugar and Crumbs Cherry Bakewell Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for the drizzle.
Once the tart shells are cooled, they will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. They also freeze beautifully.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! in our range, give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Raspberry Jam Tarts
200g (7 oz) Shortcrust Pastry
Flour for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan / Gas mark 6, grease a 12 hole bun tin or mini tart tin.
2. Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface and roll out the shortcrust pastry to the thickness of a 50p coin. Cut out 12 rounds that are roughly the same size as your tin.
3. Press the rounds into each one of the 12 holes and then cover with baking paper. Fill each pastry hole with baking beans or rice and then cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the beans / rice and paper, fill each hole with a teaspoon of the raspberry jam. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes until the pastry is golden and the jam has crisped.
5. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make the drizzle by placing the icing sugar in a bowl and add a small teaspoon of boiling water. Mix in and add more water as needed to create a thick drizzle.
7. Once the tarts are cooled, use a teaspoon to drizzle the icing over the top in a back and forth motion.