This pineapple upside down cake recipe is perfect for any ocassion. Once you try this using our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you will forget about the traditional recipe.
They are also so simple and easy to make and you will impress you family and friends.
In need of a tropical pineapple dessert? Look no further than this pineapple upside down cake! It’s delicious and you will be amazed on how easy this recipe is.
Carol McFarland is the owner of Sugar and Crumbs and shows every Monday how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make these delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this recipe using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C Fan, 400 F, Gas mark 2.
2. Grease softened butter into 8 inch sandwich tin.
3. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar on the base and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern.
4. Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry and then dot one in each of the spaces in between.
5. Into a mixing bowl add softened butter and Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, beat together.
6. Add eggs and beat in to the mixture.
7. Then, add self raising flour, fold into the mixture until combined.
8. Add 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little and mix until combined. You will get this from the tin of pineapples.
9. Then, pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings.
10. Bake for 45/55 minutes. Ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and flip over. Remove pan and base of pan.
11. Enjoy with a ice-cream or custard its to die for:-)