- Prep Time : 45 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6/400ºF. Butter or spray Cake Release a tarte Tatin tin (6 inch mix).
- Sprinkle the 3 tablespoons of Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Icing Sugar on top of the base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern.
- Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry, and then dot one in each of the spaces in between.
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Icing Sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Then pour in the 4 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little.
- Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it out gently.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and, with one deft - ha! - move, turn it upside-down.
Credits:By Nigella from Nigella Recipes
Photo by Lis Parsons