- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 45/55 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Butter (for greasing) or Cake Release - 1oz
- Self Raising Flour - 4oz / 113g
- Softened Butter - 4oz / 113g
- Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Icing Sugar - 4oz /113g
- Large Eggs - 2
- Glace Cherries or Maraschino Cherries - 5+
- Canned Pineapple in Juice - 4 slices (plus 3 Tablespoons of the juice)
- Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Icing Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 140°C Fan/Gas mark 2/400ºF.
- Grease softened Butter into 8 inch sandwich tin.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Icing Sugar on the base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern.
- Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry, and then dot one in each of the spaces in between.
- In to a mixing bowl add softened butter and Pineapple flavoured icing sugar, beat together.
- Add eggs and beat in to the mixture.
- Add Self Raising Flour, fold into the mixture until combined.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little, mix until combined, you will get this from the tin of pineapples..
- Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings
- Bake for 45/55 minutes, then ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and, flip over then remove pan and base of pan.
Enjoy with a ice-cream or custard its to die for:-)