Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 45/55 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Butter (for greasing) or Cake Release - 28g (1 oz)
- Self Raising Flour - 113 g (4 oz)
- Softened Butter - 113g (4 oz)
- Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Upside Down Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar or any flavour of your choice. - 113g (4 oz)
- Large Eggs - 2
- Glace Cherries or Maraschino Cherries - 5+
- Canned Pineapple in Juice - 4 slices (plus 3 Tablespoons of the juice)
- Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Upside Down Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C Fan, 400 F, Gas mark 2.
2. Grease softened butter into 8 inch sandwich tin.
3. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Upside Down Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar on the base and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern.
4. Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry and then dot one in each of the spaces in between.
5. Into a mixing bowl add softened butter and Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, beat together.
6. Add eggs and beat in to the mixture.
7. Add self raising flour, fold into the mixture until combined.
8. Add 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little and mix until combined. You will get this from the tin of pineapples.
9. Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings.
10. Bake for 45/55 minutes. Ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and flip over. Remove pan and base of pan.
Enjoy with a ice-cream or custard its to die for:-)