Impress your friends and family for afternoon tea with this delicious, easy Pineapple loaf cake recipe.
All you need is a loaf tin and you can make this impressive but simple cake.
This recipe is for a 2lb loaf tin. This impressive loaf cake is in fact a real showstopper your friends and family will be very impressed with.
In addition, you can use any of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars if you don’t have Lemon Drizzle. This recipe is delicious using Key Lime and Orange Zest as alternative. Change the fruit according to the flavour you have chosen! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Pineapple Loaf Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 110 C, 225 F, Gas mark 1/4.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using a very sharp knife cut 8 thin slices from the pineapple and lie them on the baking tray spaced apart.
3. Put them in the oven and turn every 30 minutes until slightly crisp and have shrunk slightly.
4. Take out the oven and place in a cupcake tray to encourage a flower shape.
5. Turn up the heat to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4.
6. Grease and line a loaf tin. In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Beat in the syrup and add the eggs one at a time.
7. Fold in the flour, allspice, cinnamon, and bicarbonate of soda, then add the milk, natural yogurt, and mashed banana. Chop the remaining pineapple and add 160g to the mixture, fold in.
8. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes. If the top starts to brown too quickly covers with foil.
9. Check if it’s cooked by inserting a skewer in the center, it should come out clean when it’s cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before flipping on to a cooling rack.
10. Meanwhile to make the frosting, beat the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and cream cheese together until combined.
11. When the cake is completely cooled spread the icing on top and decorate with the pineapple flowers.