This Pina Colada cupcakes recipe is perfect for any ocassinon.
In addition, we have decided to add that extra flavour using our natural flavoured Icing Sugars.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Pina Colada Cupcakes
1. 1. Pre-heat the oven to 170 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Put 12 Cupcake cases in a cupcake tray.
3. In a bowl or mixer add the margarine and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Coconut Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and mix until combined.
4. Add the eggs, mix for minute on a medium speed then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, a tablespoon of warm boiled water and fold the mixture until combined.
6. Use a ice cream scoop or tablespoon to evenly divide the mixture between the cases so they are 3/4 full.
7. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
8. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before placing on a wire cooling rack.
9. To make the buttercream add the butter, milk and Sugar and Crumbs Pineapple Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar together in a bowl or mixer and beat until creamy. Add more milk as needed a tablespoon at a time.
10. Add the buttercream to a piping bag with the nozzle of your choice already inserted.
11. Once the cupcakes are cool, use a teaspoon or cupcake corer to remove the centre of the cake. Put the pineapple jam in a piping bag and snip off the end. Squeeze the jam into the centre of the cupcake.
12. Take the buttercream piping bag and pipe the buttercream on top of the cupcake as you desire. Repeat until all are filled and buttercreamed.
13. Sprinkle the desiccated Coconut over the cupcakes for decoration. For a more fun garnish add a cocktail stick with pineapple wedges and cherries. ENJOY!