This orange and lavender Bundt cake is great for a lazy Sunday afternoon, served with a cup of tea in the garden.
With this easy recipe, you will impress all your friends and family, all you need is a bundt pan.
What is an Orange and Lavender Bundt Cake?
Bundt cakes are any type of cake cooked in a Bundt pan. In fact, they come in all different shapes, sizes, and designs. Since their middles are hollow, more of the batter will touch the sides and result in a desirably crusty edge that not only tastes delicious but can easily support the weight and consistency of frosting. This makes it a perfect base for complicated, decoration-heavy recipes.
We have decided to use Orange and Lavender as main flavours, but you can choose any flavour you desire and combine them!
When using a bundt pan, grease and flour it generously, getting all the nooks and crannies of the pan. And don’t forget to grease the tube. If you generally have difficulty removing a bundt cake from its pan, make sure you cool it for 10 minutes before turning it out onto the rack. Another trick is to set the cake on a wet kitchen towel for the cooling time period. If the cake is sticking, place it back in the warm oven for about 5 to 10 minutes.
In addition, you can also try baking this cake using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Orange and Lavender Bundt Cake
1. 1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Grease a 20cm bundt cake tin of your choosing.
3. In a large bowl whisk the sugar and butter together until combined and pale in colour.
4. Gradually add in the eggs, one at a time beating in between. Add the flour, baking powder and Sugar and Crumbs Orange Zest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and fold in.
5. Pour in the water and dried lavender, stir in well.
6. Then, pour into the bundt tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until risen and golden in colour.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the icing sugar
8. Add the Sugar and Crumbs Orange Zest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar with some cooled boiled water and mix in.
9. Drizzle over the cake and let it soak in.