If you’ve never made your own friands before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Mulled Wine Friands recipe is.
They are deliciously moist. Why not give your bakes a delightful boost of flavour with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar
What are Friands?
In fact, they are a small almond cake and typically they have additional ingredients such as coconut, chocolate, fruit, and nuts. Furthermore they are closely related to the French financier, which are plain. They are great served hot or cold too.
Once they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for upto 1 week.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Grease a friand tin or Cupcake muffin tin or loaf tin with softened butter, (alternatively use cupcake cases or lined paper). Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
2. Mix together the flour, icing sugar and almonds in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Fold the eggs into the dry ingredients.
5. Then, fold in the melted butter then spoon into the individual or loaf tins.
6. Place three raspberries on each friand or a handful on the loaf tin.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes for the friands and 1 hour for the loaf tin or until golden and well risen.
8. Leave in the tin to cool for 10-15 minutes then lift out using a small palette knife to separate the friand from the tin, place on a baking tray.