Treat yourself with these yummy Mini Cherry Tarts … a simple recipe using our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
These cunning mini cherry pies are baked in a muffin tin—making them easy to form and even easier to transport since you can just leave them in the tin.
This simple and classic recipe can be jazzed up with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, or a few gratings of lemon zest. Serve them as is or with whipped cream or ice cream on the side.
As with all pies or tarts, be sure to let them cool completely before you serve them so the filling has a chance to cool and set.
Apart from their fantastic taste, the best thing about these Mini Cherry Tarts is how simple they are to make. Don’t let the petite size of these easy cherry tarts fool you, but the recipe is really simple
In addition, you can also try baking these tarts using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Mini Cherry Tarts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 375 F, Gas mark 6.
2. Grease a 12 hole mini tart tin or cupcake tin with a little butter.
3. Roll out the pastry on to a floured work surface and then cut 12 round pieces roughly the same size as the holes in your tin.
4. Press each round into its out hole and then use a fork to indent the edges. Cover with baking paper and fill each hole with baking beans or rice.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and take away the beans/rice and baking paper. Bake in the oven for a further 5 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. Meanwhile heat the cream and milk in a clean saucepan until just boiling.
9. Beat the yolks with our Sugar and Crumbs Black Cherry Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water then whisk this into the hot cream mix. Whisk and let the mixture cook and thicken into a custard. Once thickened remove from the heat and leave to cool. Cover with a lid or plate to stop a skin forming.
10. When the pastry cases and the custard are cool add the custard to each pastry case. Slice and arrange your cherries on the top. and dust over icing sugar.