Milk Chocolate Fudge
Delicious, easy to make fudge to impress your friends and family. Great as a homemade gift!
Any of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar flavours can be used.
You must stick closely to the recipe to avoid over or under cooking the fudge.
- Sugar and Crumb Chocolate Milkshake Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) - 500g (17 1/2 oz)
- Condensed Milk - 1 x 397g tin
- Butter - Unsalted - 115g (4 1/4 oz)
Milk Chocolate Fudge
1. Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan until fully dissolved.
2. Keeping the mixture on the hob, add the condensed milk and mix well with a whisk until combined.
3. Add the Sugar and Crumbs natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, about 1/3 of the bag at a time, until the sugar dissolves. You must mix all the time for the heat to be evenly spread though the mixture.
4. Mix for approximately 15-20 minutes continuously. If you stop the sugar will burn. It should start to bubble and its ready when the mixture becomes thicker and is harder to stir. If you have a sugar thermometer it is when the fudge when it reaches 112-115 C. Another way to test it is to drop a little into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form if its ready.
The temperature should be approximately 112 C- 115 C for soft fudge and 118 C for Tablet fudge). If you don't have a thermometer then its ready to pour out once the mixture starts to come away from the sides for the soft fudge. For tablet fudge push a little further, the mixture will be more caramel coloured and will bubble quite high (please note there is only 3 minutes cooking time between these two types of fudge).
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes. A skin should form on the top of the fudge and then give it one finally whisk.
6. Place on some baking paper, in a dish or tin and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Cut up into desired pieces.
** Top tip ** the fudge will be extremely hot so do not be tempted to have a taste until its made and cooled!
Here is a YouTube video tutorial for this recipe.