Flavoured meringue Kisses, these melt in your mouth mini drops are the perfect party treat. Make them any colour, make them red so perfect for Valentine’s Day.
You can also bake this recipe with your kids!In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy recipe in any flavour. Try to make it using Lemon Drizzle Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Carol McFarland is the owner of our amazing Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars, and she does demonstrations on how to use them every Monday on our Facebook Page.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make these delicious meringue kisses.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the meringues don’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your meringues on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to two weeks in an air tight container.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat oven to 100 C Fan, 200F, Gas mark 1/4. Line one or more baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Start by beating on a low speed and then increase to a high speed. When the mixture is stiff add the sugar very slowly one teaspoon at a time while continuing to beat. Make sure that the mixture is stiff after each addition of sugar.
3. Once all the sugar has been added continue to whisk on high speed until you have a smooth, stiff and glossy mixture. Continue to whisk for at least 5-10 minutes after the sugar has been incorporated.
4. Place mixture in a pastry bag with desired tip and pipe out your kisses onto the prepared cookie sheet. If you wish you can colour your drops by adding food colouring gel strips inside your pastry bag before filling.
5. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until the meringue kisses come off the parchment paper cleanly and without sticking.
6. Then turn off the oven. Place the handle of a wooden spoon in the door of the oven (to leave a small opening) and leave the meringue in until the oven is completely cool.
Fresh Cream for the bigger meringues
1. Put the cream and the sugar in to a clean mixing bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
2. Fill piping bags, pipe on to one side of your flower or large meringue.
3. Then add another flower or large meringue on top.