Key Lime Pie
A lovely alternative dessert for after dinner, perfect after a BBQ on a summers day. Very zesty and refreshing.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 12
Key Lime Pie
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 C, 300 F, Gas mark 2.
2. Prepare a 8 inch baking tin by rubbing with a little butter.
3. Crush the hob knobs/ginger nut biscuits until they resemble small crumbs and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in a small pan until it turns to liquid. Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs until they are all combined and then spread them evenly across the baking tin and half way up the sides. This helps the pie to hold when sliced. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave to one side.
5. In a separate mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until they have completely broken up then add the condensed milk. Whisk again until fully combined, add 15g of the Sugar and Crumbs Key Lime Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and whisk for 1 more minute.
6. Pour into the baking tin and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, take out and leave to cool. Once cooled refrigerate to set for approx 2 hours it should not wobble when touched.
7. When ready to serve, remove from the tin and place on a serving plate. Beat the double cream with the remaining Sugar and Crumbs Key Lime Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice). Using a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice, pipe a pattern or pipe drops on to the top of the pie. Finish by grating some lime zest over the top and dust with Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.