Who doesnt love an iced bun? These buns are so fluffy and taste delicious covered in our Sugar and crumbs Icing Sugar made into a thick icing
- Prep Time : 20 + Proving 2 Hours minutes
- Cook Time : 12 minutes
- Yield : 12
1) Sift the flour and salt in to an oven proof bowl and place in a warm oven for a few mins
2) Take out of the oven and rub in the butter, then stir in the sugar and dried yeast, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and milk, cover your hands in a tiny amount of oil to stop the dough from sticking, using your hands work the dough into a soft elastic dough, and then knead heavily for 10 mins or use a dough hook in a mixer.
3) Cover the dough with some cling film and leave in a warm place to rise this will take approx 1 1/2 hours, Turn the dough out on to a lightly flour dusted surface and knead gently for 1 min then divide into 12 pieces shape into a long buns and place them on a oiled baking sheet spaced apart on two rows and cover again with clingfilm that has been covered in oil and set aside in a warm place for 30 mins.
4) Preheat the oven to 220c when the buns have finished rising , bake for 10 mins then turn down to 190c and bake for 2 more mins. The buns will double in size and will be touching each other when baked. Put on a wire cooling rack to cool fully.
5) To make the Icing mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice a bit at a time until you get a smooth, thick icing. Add food paste if using and mix in well. Spread over the bun and decorate with sprinkles.