This Gluten Free Carrot cake recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we think this is a great recipe to use in any occasion.
You can also bake this recipe with your kids!In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Cream Cheese for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate this classic cake with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Gluten Free Carrot Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 365 F, Gas mark 5.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the carrot and eggs and mix in well.
3. Add maple syrup, coconut, fruit and the walnuts if using.
4. Mix thoroughly and incorporate the citrus juices and zest.
5. Then, pour the cake batter into a lined bread tin 20x8cm or a 16cm round cake tin.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until firm to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire cooling tray.
To make the topping
7. Cream together the Sugar and Crumbs Cinnamon Swirl Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and butter, spread over the top of the cake evenly.