This fluffy Gingerbread mousse comes together quickly and easily and is loaded with a cold, creamy coconut flavor! Top with your favorite toppings and it’s the perfect winter dessert!
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can make this easy mousse in any flavour. Try to combine flavours or add chocolate chips, sprinkles, anything you want!
The shelf life of homemade mousse is about one week.
Don’t like gingerbread? Not a fan of vanilla? Maybe you’re not that into fruit-flavored mousse? Maybe you only eat mocha mousse? No matter what you like, there’s a mousse flavour out there for you.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, it’s very easy a quick to make.
Check more recipes out here.
Instructions Gingerbread Mousse
1. Divide the eggs into a bowl of egg whites and a bowl of egg yolks.
2. Whisk the egg whites until frothy and you can lift the whisk without the mixture falling off.
3. Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl and then add the sugar, whisk together.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and then add to the egg yolk mix.
5. Whisk 300ml of the cream separately and then add this and the egg whites to the egg yolk mix.
6. Fold it all in together until creamy and divide between 6 dessert bowls.
7. Place in the fridge until set ( approx 2 hours).
8. Before serving whisk 100ml of cream and pipe or swirl onto the mousse. Grate some chocolate over the top.