This fluffy Gingerbread mousse comes together quickly and easily and is loaded with a gingerbread flavour! Top with your favorite toppings and it’s the perfect winter dessert!
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can make this easy mousse in any flavour. Try decorating with chocolate chips, sprinkles, anything you want!
The shelf life of homemade mousse is about 3 days.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, it’s very quick to make.
Check more recipes out here.
Instructions Gingerbread Mousse
1. Divide the eggs into a bowl of egg whites and a bowl of egg yolks.
2. Whisk the egg whites until frothy and you can lift the whisk without the mixture falling off.
3. Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl and then add the sugar and icing sugar, whisk together.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water until melted. Then mix this into the egg yolk mix and whisk in.
5. Whisk 300ml of the cream separately and then add this to the egg yolk mix.
6. Lastly fold in the egg whites until creamy and divide between 6 dessert bowls.
7. Place in the fridge until set ( approx 2 hours).
8. Before serving whisk 100ml of cream and pipe or swirl onto the mousse. Grate some chocolate over the top.