If you’ve never made your own shortbread biscuits before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Flavoured Shortbread Biscuit recipe is.
Why not give your biscuits a delicious boost of flavour, with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
Firstly, we would like to thank Karen Davies, from Cake Decorating Moulds, who has very kindly shared her Shortbread Recipe with us. Furthermore, you can also transform your biscuits into decorations for Christmas, Baby showers and other special occasions, by using cutters and moulds.
So, once cooled, store your biscuits in an airtight container for about 2 to 3 weeks at normal room temperature.
In addition, you can also use any flavour from our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
200g (7 oz) Butter Unsalted – Softened and Chopped
200g (7 oz) Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar of choice. On this occasion we have used Blueberry
1 lightly beaten Egg
400g (14 3/4 oz) Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140 C, 275 F, Gas 1.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until combined.
3. Add the egg and half of the flour. Mix until forms a paste.
4. Place remaining flour onto the worktop and knead the dough (mixture will be a little dry and crumbly).
5. Dust the mould you are using with flour and tap out the excess.
6. Smooth a small piece of the dough and press into the mould.
7. Press firmly, making sure it is level with the back of the mould.
8. Turn the mould over and release the dough.
9. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
10. Optional – Simply push a lollipop stick into the dough before baking or immediately upon removal from the oven.
11. Place all shortbreads on baking trays and than place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
12. Bake in the oven for between 8-15 minutes depending on the size of the shortbread biscuits. Place on cooling rack.