On a cold winter day when you need a pick-me-up, this is just the ticket – a flavoured hot chocolate using our Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Icing Sugar and spiked with Malibu, so it’s rich and delicious but not too sweet.
It’s finished off with whipped cream, toasted coconut, and marshmallows. Serve with a Bounty for dunking, for serious indulgence.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can make this easy recipe in any flavour. If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, hot chocolate is great on Christmas, but perfect for any occasion.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Flavoured Hot Chocolate
1. Measure out the milk – I’ve given 300ml as a rough guide but the easiest way is to take your favourite mug and fill it with milk to within about 2cm of the rim.
2. Then pour into a little saucepan. Warm gently on the hob.
3. In the microwave, melt the dark chocolate – be careful, as an amount this small is easy to burn. Heat in 15 second bursts until melted.
4. Stir in the Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and microwave for another 15 seconds to completely incorporate it.
5. In a small saucepan or frying pan toast the desiccated coconut over a high heat for no more than a couple of minutes. Keep an eye on it and toss regularly until it’s golden brown.
6. When steam starts to rise from the surface of the milk add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until frothy, before stirring in the Malibu.
7. Pour into your mug and top with squirty cream, the toasted coconut and mini marshmallows.