These flavoured egg waffles are a popular treat in Hong Kong. The result is crispy edges and soft, chewy ‘bubbles’ with a yummy flavour.
We are using our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
What is Flavoured Egg Waffles?
An egg waffle is a spherical egg-based waffle popular in Hong Kong and Macau, and is an eggy leavened batter cooked between two plates of semi-spherical cells. They are usually served hot, and often eaten plain, although they may be served with fruit and flavors such as strawberry, coconut or chocolate.
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake this easy recipe in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the wafles doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your waffles on the day of making or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Flavoured Egg Waffles
1. 1. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks, milk, 40g of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and butter until combined. Set aside.
2. In another bowl add the flour and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients to this and fold in until the batter is smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks. Fold in a little at a time to the batter.
4. Separate the waffle pan and spray or brush with oil making sure the whole waffle pan is greased. Then heat each side until warm.
5. Pour a large spoonful of the batter into the centre of one of the pans and then place the other pan on top. Cook for 2 minutes then flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until golden.
6. Take off the top pan and then flip onto a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Cover with fresh berries, syrup and sift the remaining Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar over the top to add flavour.