We would like to thank Robert Allen who gave us this recipe
- Prep Time : 01h 30min
- Cook Time : 55 minutes
- Yield : 8
For the Baked Custard:
* Sift the flour into a large bowl
* Add the diced butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
* Alternatively, put the flour and butter into a food processor and pulse, until you have a breadcrumb texture.
* Stir in the salt
* Add 2-3 tbsp water and mix until the dough comes together.
* Knead the dough slightly
* Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 mins, before using.
For the Baked (Banana) Custard Tart:
* Crumple a piece of baking paper, open and line your bowl.
* Mix the pastry, roll out until it's the thickness of a pound coin and line your bowl. Trim off the excess pastry.
* crack 4 eggs into a jug, add a further 3 Egg Yolks to this.
* Add the flavoured icing sugar and beat well, until all combined.
* Then add enough milk to make up to 650ml, on you jug.
* place your bowl onto a tray and pour the mixture into your uncooked Pastry Base.
* Add freshly grated nutmeg, across the top of your egg mix.
Bake in a Pre heated oven to 160C fan / 180C / Gas 4 for 55mins (All ovens are different, this may vary slightly)
Your Baked Custard should still have a slight wobble, once cooled this will set sufficiently.