This is a little bag of fudge we made for one of our fudge lovers Phil :-)
It takes a little effort so stick closely to the steps if you’re new to making fudge. Once mastered the results are out of this world.
- Can of Condensed Milk - 397g (14 oz) Can
- Sugar and Crumbs Icing Sugar flavour of your choice - 500g (17 1/2 oz)
- Butter - 115g (4 oz)
- 16-18cm square tin lined with baking parchment
1. Place the butter into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir until melted.
2. Add in the condensed milk and whisk in well. Gradually add in the icing sugar and whisk non stop.
3. Bring to the boil whisking continuously scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during whisking as the fudge will be VERY hot!
4. To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approximately 112c- 115 C for soft fudge and 118C for tablet fudge). If you don't have a thermometer then its ready to pour out once the mixture starts to come away from the sides for the soft fudge. For tablet fudge continue to boil for a bit longer. The mixture will be more caramel coloured and will bubble quite high (please note there is only 3 minutes cooking time between these two types of fudge).
5. Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
If you wish you can add chopped nuts or fruits.
Here is the YouTube video tutorial for Easy Fudge.