- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15-20 minutes
- Yield : 12 plus
- Caster Sugar or Icing sugar - 335g
- Butter unsalted - Softened - 225g
- Eggs - 2
- Plain Flour - 450g
- Baking Powder - 4 1/2 Tsps
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Milk - 240ML
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/ Tsp Optional
- Sugar and Crumbs Icing Sugar flavour of your choice - as needed in Topping Recipe
- Boiled Water - As needed in Topping Recipe
- Cold Water - As needed in Topping Recipe
- Golden Syrup - 1 Tablespoon
1) Grease a muffin/cupcake tin with butter or cake release spray and preheat your oven to 160C350F.
2) Blend with a spoon or mixer, 200g of the Butter with 225g of the Caster sugar ( you can substitute the caster sugar for icing sugar for a softer doughnut) until combined.
3) Add the eggs and mix well.
4) Sift the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5) Add the flour mix to the sugar/butter mixture, add the milk and mix until fully combined.
6) Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
7) Bake at for 15 to 20 minutes until golden in colour.
8) Optional - Mix the remaining 115g sugar with the cinnamon if using. Melt the 25g of butter, pour into a bowl then dip the doughnuts in the butter then in the sugar mixture.
Drizzle - Mix 100g of chosen Icing sugar and mix with a teaspoon of cold water at a time until a drizzle like consistency is formed, add colouring if you wish. Place the doughnuts on a cooling tray and drizzle the icing over them using a sweeping motion over the donut back and forth.
Glaze - Mix 100g of chosen icing sugar with 2 Tablespoons of hot milk or hot water to make a slightly thick glaze, smooth onto the doughnuts and leave to set.
I have made a raspberry ripple glaze by making a pink and white glaze and then spreading the white glaze and drizzling the pink glaze on after the first glaze had set.
Pouring Fondant - Mix 150g of chosen icing sugar with one tablespoon of syrup, until combined. Pour over the doughnuts and add sprinkles before setting.