- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15-20 minutes
- Yield : 12 plus
- Caster Sugar or Icing sugar - 335g (11 1/2 ozs)
- Butter Unsalted - Softened - 225g (7 1/2 oz)
- Eggs - 2
- Plain Flour - 450g (15 3/4 oz)
- Baking Powder - 4 1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Milk - 240ml
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/ Teaspoon Optional
- Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar flavour of your choice - as needed in Topping Recipe
- Boiled Water - As needed in Topping Recipe
- Cold Water - As needed in Topping Recipe
- Golden Syrup - 1 Tablespoon
Easy Baked Doughnuts with Glaze or Drizzle Toppings
1. Grease a muffin/cupcake tin with butter or cake release spray and pre-heat your oven to 160 C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
2. Blend with a spoon or mixer, 200g (7 ozs)of the butter with 225g (8 ozs) of the caster sugar (you can substitute the caster sugar for Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for a softer doughnut) until combined.
3. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Add the flour mix to the sugar/butter mixture, add the milk and mix until fully combined.
6. Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
7. Bake at for 15 to 20 minutes until golden in colour.
8. Optional - mix the remaining 115g (4 ozs) sugar with the cinnamon if using. Melt the 25g (1/2 oz) of butter, pour into a bowl then dip the doughnuts in the butter then in the sugar mixture.
9. Drizzle - mix 100g (3 1/2 ozs) of your chosen Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and mix with a teaspoon of cold water at a time until a drizzle like consistency is formed. Add colouring if you wish.
10. Place the doughnuts on a cooling tray and drizzle the icing over them using a sweeping motion over the doughnuts back and forth.
11. Glaze - mix 100g (3 1/2 ozs) of your chosen Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar with 2 tablespoons of hot milk or hot water to make a slightly thick glaze. Smooth onto the doughnuts and leave to set.
I have made a raspberry ripple glaze by making a pink and white glaze and then spreading the white glaze and drizzling the pink glaze on after the first glaze had set.
12. Pouring Fondant - mix 150g (5 1/2 ozs) of your chosen Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar with one tablespoon of syrup until combined. Pour over the doughnuts and add sprinkles before setting.