Easter Themed Cheesecake Rob Allens' Easter Themed Cheesecake made on Sugar and Crumbs Facebook Live 29th March 2018. Rob will be making a Velvet Vanilla version but you can use any of the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
- Digestive Biscuits - 10
- Melted Butter - 120g (4 oz)
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese - 300g (10 1/2 oz)
- Double Cream - 200ml
- Sugar & Crumbs Velvet Vanilla Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) - 100g (3 1/2 oz)
- For Salted Caramel
- Caster Sugar - 50g (1 3/4 oz)
- Golden Syrup - 50g (1 3/4 oz)
- Water - 1 Tablespoon
- Butter - 50g (1 3/4 oz)
- Double Cream - 75ml
- Sea Salt Flakes to taste
Easter Themed Cheesecake
1. Crush the Digestive biscuits, to a fine crumbs and add the melted butter. Mix and press into a lined, loose bottomed tin. Chill for a few hours.
2. Beat the Philadelphia and the Sugar and Crumbs Velvet Vanilla Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) together in a bowl. Don't over beat.
3. Whisk the double cream, then add to the cream cheese mix.
4. Beat well until the mixture is fully combined.
5. Crush 10 or so Cadbury’s Mini Eggs and stir into the mixture.
6. Pour onto the chilled biscuit base and level with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least two hours but best left overnight.
7. To make the salted caramel, place the caster sugar and Golden Syrup into a small pan. Add 1 tablespoon of water.
8. Put onto a low heat and allow the sugar to dissolve without burning. Then bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat until the syrup turns an amber colour.
9. Remove from the heat, add the double cream and the butter to the hot pan. Stir to combine.
10. Return the pan to a low heat and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring until the caramel thickens, just enough to coat the back of the spoon.
11. Remove from the heat and add a few sea salt flakes. Stir well and taste. Add a little more salt if required. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool for a while.
12. Melt some milk and white chocolate to decorate your cheesecake. Drizzle the milk chocolate over the cheesecake in one direction, then drizzle the white chocolate in the other direction.
13. Drizzle salted caramel over the cheesecake. Then use half the Creme Eggs and a selection of Cadbury's Mini Eggs to decorate the top of the cheesecake.
Here is the link to the YouTube video for this recipe.