Rob Allens' Easter Themed No Bake Cheesecake made on Sugar and Crumbs Facebook Live 29th March 2018
Rob will be making a Velvet Vanilla version but you can use any of the Sugar and crumbs Icing sugars
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Allergens : Eggless
1. Crush the Digestive Biscuits, to a fine crumbs and add the Melted butter. Mix and press into a lined, loose bottomed tin. Chill for a few hours.
2. Beat the Philadelphia and Velvet Vanilla Icing sugar together in a bowl. (Don't over beat)
3. Whisk the Double Cream, then add to the cream cheese mix.
4. Beat well, until the mixture is fully combined.
5. Crush 10 or so Cadbury’s mini eggs and stir into the mixture.
6. Pour onto the chilled biscuit base, level with the back of a spoon and chill for at least two hours (best left overnight)
7. Meanwhile make the Salted Caramel:
8. Place the Caster Sugar and Golden Syrup, into a small pan and add 1Tbsp water.
9. Put onto a low heat and allow the sugar to dissolve, without burning, then bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat, until the syrup turns an amber colour.
10. Remove from the heat and add the double cream and the butter to the hot pan, stirring to combine.
11. Return the pan to a low heat and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring until the Caramel thickens, just enough to coat the back of the spoon.
12. Remove from the heat and add a few sea salt flakes, stir well and taste. Add a little more salt if required. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool for a while.
13. Melt some Milk and white Chocolate to decorate your cheesecake. Drizzle the milk chocolate over the cheesecake in one direction, then drizzle the white chocolate in the other direction.
14. Drizzle Salted Caramel over the cheesecake, then use half Creme Eggs and a selection of mini eggs to decorate the top of the cheesecake.