This simple Coconut syllabub is rich and creamy. Serve chilled in glasses for the perfect minimalist dessert.
We have decided to get to the next level adding some strawberries and Basil. This dessert is perfect after a great dinner with your family and friends.
What is a Coconut Syllabub?
A syllabub is a sweet and simple, frothy English dessert typically made with whipped cream, wine or sherry, sweetener, and lemon juice. We are using our Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
This light, dreamy concoction is a bouquet of sunny summer flavours – coconut, strawberry, basil and a splash of rum. If you’ve never tried basil in a dessert before, then you’re just going to have to trust me, it works beautifully with the fruit.
Although the rum and the Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar give this a tropical edge. The heady, rose-like perfume of the strawberries and the sweet, almost cut-grass scent of the basil makes me think of English gardens in the sun.
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can make this easy recipe in any flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Coconut Syllabub
1. 1. Start by juicing 3 or 4 of the fresh strawberries. The simplest way to do this is to chop them up, and then press them gently through a sieve with the back of a spoon. You should end up with about 30ml of juice.
2. Measure out 100ml of the double cream into a bowl, add the strawberry juice, Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and rum and whisk until you get to the soft peaks stage. With such a small volume of cream it’s worth doing this by hand rather than with an electric whisk or you could very easily end up over-whipping the cream.
3. Then, stir through the remaining cream, gently, to create a texture that’s somewhere between liquid and solid, like thick yogurt.
4. Divide between two glasses.
5. To finish, simply hull and chop up a few more strawberries, chop the basil and mix the two together.
6. Spoon over the top of the syllabub and serve immediately.