Treat yourself with these yummy Coconut Easter Nest … a simple recipe using our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
These pretty little Easter nests are great fun to make with the kids and decorated with mini chocolate eggs.
In fact, this is not only children who will love making and eating these little chocolate nests filled with tiny eggs. They look very pretty on a cake-stand decorated with fluffy yellow chicks. You will impress your friends and family with these beauties.
Apart from their fantastic taste, the best thing about these Coconut Easter Nests is how simple they are to make. Don’t let the petite size of these easy nests fool you, but the recipe is really simple. In addition, you can also try making these using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars!
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Coconut Easter Nests
1. Start by measuring out the milk, granulated sugar and Sugar and Crumbs Chocolate Milkshake Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) into a saucepan. Warm gently over low heat, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the desiccated coconut. Add the egg whites and stir again. You should end up with a thick, sticky mixture.
3. Preheat the oven to 150° C, 140° C fan, 275 F, Gas mark 1.
4. Fill a bun tin with paper cases and then divide the mixture between them. If you have a standard 12-hole bun tin you will need to do two lots. Use a small spoon to make a depression in the middle of each caseful of the mixture then place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. They are ready when the coconut is golden brown and crispy around the top.
5. Allow the nests to cool completely. You can either remove the cases or leave them on, it’s up to you. I took them off to get the full nest effect. To finish them off just pop a couple of eggs on top of each one.