Try this decadent treat that blends the best of a cookie and a brownie: chocolate orange crownies!
They are delicious, with a chewy crust, but not too sweet. Why not give your bakes a delightful boost of flavour with our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders.
What are Chocolate Orange Crownies?
In fact, they are a a delicious dessert combination of soft chocolate chip cookies and fudgy, chewy brownies. We have used our Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, but you can try any of your choice.
Once they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for up to three days.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders in our range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Grease or line two baking trays.
3. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until creamy and then beat in the egg. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix in well.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir until everything has formed into a dough.
5. Using your hands separate the dough into 16 -20 balls and then evenly space them onto the two baking trays making sure they have a 1 cm-1.5 cm gap between them.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. They are cooked when they have formed cookie shapes and are slightly crisp, they should still be a bit squidgy.
7. Serve warm with ice cream like a brownie or cold like a cookie.