Delicious and easy to make for any occasion, can be stored in a container for upto 5 days
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Yield : 12 plus
1) Preheat the oven to 180C, line or grease a 12 holed brownie tin or large deep dish baking tray.
2) Mix the sugar and margarine until pale and fluffy in a mixer.
3) Add the eggs, whisk then add the flour and cocoa powder, whisk just for a minute to incorporate.
4) Add the chocolate chips if using and fold in with a wooden spoon.
5) Divide between the 12 hole brownie tin or smooth evenly in a large baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes for the individual brownies or 40 minutes for the large tray.
6) They are ready when they are beginning to crack on the top and are springy when touched.
7) Leave in the tin for 5 minutes to cool before removing them on to a wire cooling rack.
8) Make the drizzle by adding the icing sugar to the water, adding more water if needed, add the colouring now if using. Your looking at achieving a runny but thick consistency
9) Drizzle the icing over the brownies as desired.