These chocolate orange brownies are rich, gooey, fudgy and perfect in every way. One bite and you’re in brownie heaven.
The combination of Orange and dark chocolate is great to make the ultimate brownies.
What are Chocolate Orange Brownies?
A chocolate brownie (commonly referred to simply as a brownie) is a square or rectangular, chocolate baked treat. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
In addition, one of the advantages of this dessert is that you can prepare it in advance, eliminating some stress on the day of your party! You can freeze the brownies for up to 3 months, making sure that they are suitably wrapped to reduce the risk of freezer burn.
Carol McFarland, owner of Sugar and Crumbs has done a couple of Facebook Lives showing us how to bake these easy and yummy brownies. You can catch up on the video here.
Furthermore, you can also try baking Brownies using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders to make tasty Chilli Brownies, Cherry Brownies and more! If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4. Line or grease a 12 holed brownie tin or large deep dish baking tray.
2. Mix the sugar and margarine until pale and fluffy in a mixer.
3. Add the eggs, whisk and then add the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk just for a minute to incorporate.
4. Then, add the chocolate chips if using and fold in with a wooden spoon.
5. Divide between the 12 hole brownie tin or smooth evenly in a large baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes for the individual brownies or 40 minutes for the large tray.
6. They are ready when they are beginning to crack on the top and are springy when touched.
7. Then, leave in the tin for 5 minutes to cool before removing them on to a wire cooling rack.
8. Make the drizzle by adding the Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar to the water. Add more water if needed and add the colouring if using. You need a thick but runny consistency.
9. Drizzle the icing over the brownies as desired.