These easy chocolate cupcakes are light, fluffy, and so much more moist and flavorful than anything you could get out of a box.
We are using our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders.
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours. For example, use our Chocolate Orange Cocoa Powder for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Orange Zest for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Chocolate Cupcakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 165 C, 350 F, Gas mark 3 for domed cupcakes, 140 C, 275 F, Gas 1-2 for flat-top cupcakes.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
5. Fold in the flour and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder flavour of your choice, I used orange.
6. Add a tablespoon of warm boiled water, give it a quick mix in the mixer for 30-40 seconds.
7. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are 2/3 full, or an 8-inch sponge tin.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
9. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.