- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15-20 minutes
- Yield : 12
- Margarine (I use Stork), softened at room temperature - 110g/4 oz
- Caster Sugar - 110g/4 oz
- Large Free-range Eggs, Lightly Beaten - 2
- Self Raising Flour - 90g/3 oz
- Sugar and Crumbs Flavoured Cocoa Powder of your Choice - 30g/1 oz
- Warm Boiled Water - 1 Tablespoon
- Unsalted Butter - 250g
- Sugar and Crumbs Flavoured Cocoa Powder of your Choice - 30-40g
- Water - 1-2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 165C/350F/Gas 3 for domed cupcakes, 140C/Gas 1-2 for flat top cupcakes.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
4. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
5. Fold in the flour and Sugar and Crumbs flavoured cocoa powder flavour of your choice, I used orange.
6. Add a tablespoon of warm boiled water, give it a quick mix in the mixer for 30-40 seconds.
7. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
1. Put 250g Butter Unsalted - salted if you don't want it too sweet, at room temperature. in to mixing bowl beat till light an fluffy.
2. Add 500g plain icing sugar, do not mix, chop it into the butter to incorporate, add a teaspoon of water to heal it mix in. Note:- only add the water if the butter is too hard if its easy to chop in and mix then leave out.
3. Add 30-40g of Sugar and Crumbs flavoured cocoa powder, chop into the mix.
4. Once all chopped in, then put back on to the mixer and beat to light and fluffy.
5. Then fill piping bag with selected piping nozzle and pipe away :-)