This Chocolate Coconut cupcakes recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we have decided to add that extra coconut flavour using our natural flavoured cocoa powders.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Chocolate Cherry Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours. For example, use our Chocolate Organge Flavoured Cocoa Powder for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Orange Zest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes don’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
3. Cream together the margarine and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy.
4. Add the eggs, mix then add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until all are combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. I use an ice cream scoop to divide evenly.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until they have risen and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
7. To make the buttercream mix the Sugar and Crumbs Coconut Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and butter together in a clean bowl with a teaspoon of milk. Use a wet tea towel to cover the bowl to avoid a cloud.
8. Add the buttercream to a piping bag with the nozzle already inserted and pipe as desired. Cover with sprinkles and desiccated coconut to decorate.