Chocolate Cherry Cookies
These Cookies are so tasty with a crunchy outside and soft inside, the kids cant resist these as an after school treat
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 12-16
1) Preheat the oven to 175c, grease two biscuit/baking trays with a little butter.
2) Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat together on a medium speed until fully combined, approx 4 mins, add the eggs and beat again for a further 2 mins on a medium speed.
3) In a separate bowl sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
4) Add the dry mix to the wet mix a 1/3 at a time and beat in between until all the mixes are combined together, fold in the chocolate chips.
5) Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, take one scoop at a time and drop on to the baking tray making sure you leave enough space between each cookie, carry on until you have used all the cookie dough. Lightly press each cookie to flatten, ( Ive made mine quite chunky but if you want a thinner cookie flatten out more )
6) Bake in the oven for 10-12 Mins until cracks have started to form but are still springy to touch.
7) Transfer to a wire cooling tray to cool slightly, each straight away for a gooey hot treat or cool completely and store in a biscuit tin and eat within 1 week.