This Chocolate Orange cupcakes recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we have decided to topped with marshmallow buttercream using our natural flavoured Icing Sugars.In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Chocolate Cherry Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder, or combine flavours. For example, use our Chocolate Orange Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powder for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Mix all the cake ingredients in mixer until combined. Then bake for 15/20 minutes.
3. For the cake topping, make buttercream as on back of packet of our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
4. Then, cut marshmallows in half diagonally, this makes the petals.
5. Spread a thick layer of cream over cake tops. Starting on outside edge working to centre push petals into cream to secure. You can also leave a space at centre and put in contrasting coloured balls or go right to centre with petals.
6. The petals can be coloured using coloured sugar. To make this put some sugar in a zip bag and add some colour splash, shake the bag and gently massage until evenly coloured.
7. Put cut marshmallows into bag and give a good shake. The sticky cut side of mallows will pick up the coloured sugar leaving the rest clean.