Cherry Candied Pecans
This recipe is perfect for homemade Christmas presents – it’s really simple, can be made in a big batch for lots of people, and needs only a jar and a little ribbon to make it look just delightful. The combination of almond and cherry flavours from Sugar and Crumbs Cherry Bakewell Icing Sugar goes beautifully with the pecans, but you could also do this with a mixture of pecans and almonds, or just almonds, if you prefer.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Whole Pecans - 400g (14 3/4 oz)
- Egg White - 1
- Sugar and Crumbs Cherry Bakewell Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) - 75g (2 1/2 oz)
Cherry Candied Pecan
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150° C, 140° C, 275 F, Gas mark 1.
2. Start by whipping the egg white together with a tablespoonful of water until white, frothy and completely combined.
3. Stir the pecans into the egg white mixture, then pour the sugar over the top and mix really well.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment and spread the pecans out on top in one layer. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Allow the pecans to cool completely before dividing between jars. Finish off with some festive ribbon and perhaps a few hand-written labels.