This Carrot cupcakes recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we think this is a great recipe to use in any occasion.
You can also bake this recipe with your kids!In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Cream Cheese for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Carrot Cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 170° C, 160° C fan, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Weigh out the flour, caster sugar, Sugar & Crumbs Cinnamon Swirl Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice), baking soda, baking powder and salt, and mix them all together.
3. Beat the eggs briefly with the oil (they won’t really combine, but that’s ok) and then add to the dry ingredients along with the grated carrot. Stir so it’s all just combined – you mustn’t over beat the mixture or the cupcakes will turn out rubbery. Just give it a quick stir so there aren’t any big lumps of flour.
4. Grease a muffin tin and fill each cup about two-thirds of the way up with mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden-brown and springy.
5. Allow the cakes to cool in the tin for a little while, and then gently ease them out and cool them on a plate – they’ll be quite delicate, so use a wire rack they might get damaged.
6. To make the icing, beat together the butter, cream cheese and Sugar and Crumbs Cinnamon Swirl Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) until smooth.
7. Then, fit a piping bag with a round nozzle (about 1cm diameter should do the trick) and pipe the icing onto the top of the cupcakes in a generous swirl. Tip – if the icing is a little runny to pipe neatly, just pop it in the fridge for half an hour.