Buttermilk pancakes are a big hit in America and we’ve added our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for a sweet twist.
We have used the Nordic Ware Pancake Pan but you can use a normal frying pan.
What are Buttermilk Pancakes ?
In fact, pancakes are the hero of the breakfast table, and their very taste can even be described as “deeply breakfasty”: eggy, salty, just this side of sweet. A little indulgent and yet still somehow appropriate first thing in the morning, those fluffy stacks with crisped edges, dripping with maple syrup, are everything you want, exactly when you want them.
In addition, you can also try our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar range. Why not give your bakes a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. In a medium bowl or mixing bowl sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, baking powder and 15g of the icing sugar and set aside.
2. Beat the egg until light and fluffy and then add this,the buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix in well until combined.
3. If using the pancake pan, grease with a little oil or butter and preheat to a medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of mix to each cavity. If using a normal frying pan preheat to a medium heat and grease with some oil or butter.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of the mix to the pan in a pile and then spread into a small circular shape.
5. Turn each pancake over after one minute and cook until each side is golden in colour.
6. Sift the remaing icing sugar over the top of your pancakes and serve with fresh berries.