- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : None minutes
- Yield : 12 - 24 Cupcakes
- Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar flavour of your choice - 500g (17 1/2 oz)
- Butter - 250g (8 1/2 oz)
- Water, Milk or Cream which ever is your preference - 1 Tablespoon
All our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars are made intense in flavour. If you wish, you can dilute with plain icing sugar to give more of a “hint” of flavour.
1. Place room temperature butter in to a mixing bow and beat until, light and fluffy this will take about 3-5 minutes.
2. Now add your Sugar and Crumbs natural Flavoured Icing Sugar half at a time. Chop in with a spatula before you turn your mixer on to prevent an icing cloud.
3. You can if you wish to loosen your mixture, add either water, milk or cream, which ever is your preference.
This will make a lovely stable buttercream to use for crumb coating or decorating your cakes.
1. Place butter at room temperature into your mixing bowl (250g, 8 1/2 oz) Do not use margarine.
2. Mix for several minutes until it is light, fluffy and soft.
3. Add Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (500g, 17 1/2 oz).
4. Add a tablespoon of milk. More if needed or for a softer mix.
5. Mix by hand at first to help reduce an icing cloud :-)
6. Mix for several minutes until light and fluffy.
7. Add more milk if you want to make a really soft consistency.
8. Add colouring if you wish.
Here is a link to the YouTube video tutorial for this recipe: https://youtu.be/EhqLXcuPK6s