If you’ve never made your own fruit pie before, you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy this Blueberry Pie Recipe is.
Why not recreate this delicious blueberry pie with our Sugar and Crumbs Blueberry Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar.
Above all, it is a lovely alternative dessert for after dinner, or perfect after a BBQ on a summers day. As a result, the crust is usually made of a biscuit base with a tangy blueberry filling. It is very refreshing.
Once the pie has cooled, it is best to eat the same day. However you can keep it refrigerated upto 2-3 days.
In addition, you can also try our other Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! in our range, give them a delightful twist of flavour.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Blueberry Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3 and prepare a 8 inch baking tin by rubbing with a little butter.
2. Crush the Hob Nobs until they resemble small crumbs and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan until it turns to liquid. Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs until they are all combined and then spread them evenly across the baking tin and half way up the sides. This helps the pie to hold when sliced.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 mins. Leave to one side.
5. In a separate mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until they have completely broken up then add the condensed milk. Whisk again until fully combined.
6. Add 15g (1/2 oz) of icing sugar and whisk for 1 more minute.
7. Pour into the baking tin and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled refrigerate to set for approx 2 hours, it should not wobble when touched.
8. When ready to serve remove from the tin and place on a serving plate. Beat the double cream with the remaining icing sugar and using a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice pipe a pattern or pipe drops on to the top of the pie.
9. Finish by adding blueberries over the top and dust with icing sugar.