- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 01h 30min
- Yield : 6-8
- Large Egg Whites - 2
- Caster Sugar - 110g (3 3/4 oz)
- Cocoa Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Greek Yoghurt or Double Cream - 150ml
- Sugar and Crumbs Black Forest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) - 1 Teaspoon
Black Forest Sharing Platter
1. Pre-heat oven to 120 C, 250 F, Gas mark 1/2 and line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper.
2. Beat the egg whites until they hold firm peaks. They should not move around in the bowl at all. I always get the urge (and usually do) to tip the bowl over my head just to check!
3. Keep beating and add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until it is fully mixed in and glossy.
4. Fold in the sifted cocoa powder.
5. Spoon onto baking tray in 6-8 blobs. Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes. Once cool keep in an airtight container.
6. For the filling, beat the cream (if using) or Greek yoghurt until you have a spreadable consistency and mix in the Sugar and Crumbs Black Forest Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar. My preference is Greek yogurt, I think it goes so well with the sweetness of meringues.
7. Serve with fresh cherries and dig in!