This black cherry scones are the easiest British teatime treat. Feel free to customise yours with dried fruit or a pinch of spice to make this basic flavoured scones recipe your own.
The joy of scones is that you can make them from storecupboard ingredients and they’re ready in half an hour.
They are a perfect tea-time treat, whether jam-and-cream-topped plain or packed with sultanas. Lovely.
Jacqueline Heaton is one of our amazing cake artists who joined us into the Sugar and Crumbs Kitchen for a Facebook Live.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make this delicious Giant Cupcake.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 400 F, Gas mark 6.
2. Work flour, Sugar and Crumbs Black Cherry Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar and butter together with fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add beaten egg and milk and bring together with a knife. Then use your hands to form into a dough (if it feels a little dry add a touch more milk).
4. Then, place on a floured surface and roll out gently to 3cm. Using a floured cutter cut out the scones but make sure you don’t twist just press down firmly.
5. Place scones on a tray lined with baking paper and brush with a little beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
6. Finally, whip 300ml of cream and 30g of Sugar and Crumbs Black Cherry Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar with a whisk until it stiffens (when you can lift the whisk and the cream holds its shape).
Spread on your scones (jam first) and Enjoy.