We would like to thank Jacqueline Heaton, aka “The Baking Nanna” for this Black Cherry Chocolate Swiss Roll recipe.
We would like to thank Jacqueline Heaton, aka "The Baking Nanna" for this Black Cherry Swiss Roll recipe.
- Prep Time : 45 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 8
- For the Swiss Roll
- Free-Range Large Eggs - 3
- Sugar and Crumbs Black Cherry Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice). - 85g (3 oz)
- Plain Flour - 65g (2 1/4 oz)
- Cocoa Powder - Two Tablespoons
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Filling and Decoration
- Double Cream - 300ml
- Black Cherry Jam - For Decorating
- Glazed Black Cherries - For Decorating
- Baking Tin - 25 x 35cm
Black Cherry Chocolate Swiss Roll.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C, 275 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Whisk eggs and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Black Cherry Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) with a hand/electric mixer for 6/8 mins until the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
4. Sift over the top of the egg mixture and with a larger spoon fold in gently until it’s all combined.
5. Grease and line your tin and pour the mixture on top spreading gently with a palette knife and then tipping the tin side to side to get into all the corners.
6. Bake for 10 mins.
7. Lay a sheet of baking paper on your worktop and as soon as the Swiss Roll is baked and out of the oven, flip the cake onto it - slowly peel the baking paper off the top.
8. With the shortest side facing you cut a line down the shortest side but don’t go all the way through the cake just score it and use this end to start rolling up with the paper inside as tight as you can then leave to cool.
9. Once cooled unravel the Swiss Roll slowly and add a thin layer of Black Cherry (or any flavour) jam and cream.
10. Roll back and decorate.
The YouTube video tutorial for this recipe can be found here: https://youtu.be/rbjTeqafU00.