This Black Cherry Chocolate Swiss roll is an ingenious cake: it has the ‘ah’ factor yet it’s simply a light-as-air sponge rolled up with jam.
We would like to thank Jacqueline Heaton, aka “The Baking Nanna” for this recipe.
This really fluffy, fruity and creamy chocolate Swiss roll is perfect for family gatherings, birthdays or as a special after dinner treat. It should serve around 8-10 people.
Jacqueline Heaton is one of our amazing cake artists who joined us into the Sugar and Crumbs Kitchen for a Facebook Live.
During our Facebook Live, she demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make this delicious Giant Cupcake.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this recipe using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! Try to combine them too.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C, 275 F, Gas mark 4.
2. Whisk eggs and Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Black Cherry Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) with a hand/electric mixer for 6/8 mins until the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
4. Then, sift over the top of the egg mixture and with a larger spoon fold in gently until it’s all combined
5. Grease and line your tin (25 x 35cm) and pour the mixture on top spreading gently with a palette knife and then tipping the tin side to side to get into all the corners.
6. Bake for 10 mins.
7. Lay a sheet of baking paper on your worktop and as soon as the Swiss Roll is baked and out of the oven, flip the cake onto it – slowly peel the baking paper off the top.
8. With the shortest side facing you cut a line down the shortest side but don’t go all the way through the cake just score it and use this end to start rolling up with the paper inside as tight as you can then leave to cool.
9. Once cooled unravel the Swiss Roll slowly and add a thin layer of Black Cherry (or any flavour) jam and cream.
10. Roll back and decorate.