This Chocolate Cherry Mousse may well be the ultimate chocolate fix! Rich and creamy, yet light and fluffy, one pot is satisfying but always leaves me wanting more…
In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Cocoa Powders, you can make this easy mousse in any flavour. Try adding chocolate chips, sprinkles, anything you want! to decorate too.
The shelf life of homemade mousse is about 3 days.
If you would like to check out our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, it’s a very easy and quick recipe to make.
Check more recipes out here.
Instructions Chocolate Cherry Mousse
1. Divide the eggs into a bowl of egg whites and a bowl of egg yolks.
2. Whisk the egg whites until frothy and you can lift the whisk without the mixture falling off.
3. Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl and then add the sugar, whisk together.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and then add to the egg yolk mix, along with the cocoa powder and mix in.
5. Whisk 300ml of the cream separately and then add this to the egg yolk mix. Fold in then whisk for 30 seconds.
6. Fold the egg whites into the rest of the mixture until creamy and then divide it between 6 dessert bowls.
7. Place in the fridge until set ( approx 2 hours).
8. Before serving, whisk 100ml of cream and pipe or swirl onto the mousse. Grate some chocolate over the top or simply add a cherry.