Delicious combination of Banana and Chocolate in a moist vanilla cake
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 12
- Margarine (I use Stork), softened at room temperature - 6oz/170g
- Caster Sugar - 6oz/170g
- Self Raising Flour - 6oz/170g
- Large eggs - 3
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Tsp
- Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Icing sugar - 400g
- Butter unsalted - Softened - 200g
- Banana - 1 Sliced
- Dark Chocolate - 60g
- Nutella - 1/4 of a jar
1) Preheat the oven to 170c and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases, Cream the Margarine and Caster Sugar in a mixing bowl together until combined and fluffy
2) Add in the eggs, mix, add the flour and vanilla extract and mix again until combined
3) Divide the mixture between the 12 cases, i use an ice cream scoop to get an even distribution
4) Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden in colour and a skewer comes out clean, leave in the tin for 5 mins before placing on a wire cooling rack to cool completely
5) To make the buttercream, cream together the butter and icing sugar in a clean mixing bowl, use a wet tea towel to cover the bowl to avoid an icing cloud! add a little milk 1 Tsp at a time to help achieve a smooth consistency, fill a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice (I used a 2D) and fill with the buttercream, melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir until runny set aside.
6) Using a cake plunger or small spoon cut a small hole in the centre of your cupcakes to the centre, fill with Nutella or chocolate filling.
7) Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto the top of the cupcakes then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and add a slice of banana.